Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring is (almost) Here!

The sun is getting warmer, the days stretching longer, and the smell of spring is in the air!

It's been two months since my last update and not that much has changed. Life has been pretty busy, filled with classmates final concerts lately sometimes 2 a week, preparing for an art exhibition that my class is going to have in May, and my birthday. 


Art exhibition:
We are working on themes for our class final exhibition. We're going to have a small theme of the 7 Deadly Sins and get to express the sin we choose in whatever method speaks to us. The sin I chose was Sloth and I'm going to take a picture describing what I think it is to be sloth. We are also working on individual installation art projects that expresses ourselves/who we are.  


Birthday:
It was my birthday on March 4th, I turned 19!  On my birthday I went with Camilla and Johanne to Mora a town in Sweden and watch the Vasaloppet ski race. It was the relay version of the 90km long cross-country ski race and my host dad, Arne participated in it. It was a 3 hour drive to get there! We had to leave at 6:30 in the morning on my birthday and watched him do his part of the race, and then we ate pizza and then watched the last team member cross the finish line, and started our 3 hour journey back home at 7pm. So it was a really long day with many hours in the car, but was a cool experience to see the ski race.  On saturday I celebrated my birthday with my friends by having a small party at Peter's house and then went to a dance club called Tiki. It was a great night and around 20 of my friends came!


Soon I will be going to Kiruna, the (if I'm not mistaken) most northern city in Sweden. So it won't be too until another blog update!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your opportunity to experience the unthawing and awakening of Swedish spring! Hope you enjoyed the ice hotel and can't wait to see pictures on your blog! Love you so much, min kära!
    Kram, mamma

    ReplyDelete