Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

September update!

Hello everyone!
As you might have guessed I have been VERY busy and have not had the time to update my blog lately, well here goes.


I did a lot in September and unfortunately I don't have time to describe every single detail, so I'm going to summarize the best and most important parts.  Them being: Language Camp in Eskilstuna, getting used to School, Stockholm/Trosa Rotary weekend, and switching families.


Language Camp: in Eskilstuna (near Stockholm) Sept 5-10
I had a ton of fun at the language camp.  I honestly learned nothing but I had a blast getting to know all the new exchange student in the two districts that were there.  I made many friends and it was a relief to be able to speak English for an entire week. We had swedish lessons from 8:30am to 3:30pm every day with an hour and a half lunch break.  In the evening we had activities planned including: barbeque, swimming, going to the zoo, and bowling.  My favorite was going to the zoo.  We had a private tour and I learned a lot about the animals that they have at the Eskilstuna zoo. I took a train alone to and from Eskilstuna.  That was my first alone train trip and I thought it went well and very smooth, no complaints! 
Above is a picture of all of us at the language camp

School:
School has been going great! I love all my classes and all my classmates. They all are very nice and fun to be around. This month we took our Senior pictures.  Senior pictures in Sweden are completely different in Sweden.  There is no expensive private photographer, no 11 outfit changes, no wallet sized pictures we exchange.  We took one class picture of all of us. In Sweden they take a picture of everyone in your line and they do it as a goofy picture.  We chose to do Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  I was Bashful, which was actually pretty hard for me to do. It was really fun though and I can't wait to see it in the Yearbook.
Here is our class picture:

Stockholm/Trosa:
I went to a Rotary camp in Trosa September 25-26.  Trosa is a 40min drive from Stockholm, but a 5 hour train ride from Arvika, so I took the train to Stockholm Friday night and stayed with one of my friends that I met at the Eskilstuna language camp who is living in Stockholm.  The weekend in Trosa was very fun and entertaining I'm so glad that I got to go and want to go back to Stockholm soon!  Some of my favorite parts from the weekend was playing a charades game with the exchange students and another was talking with the Trosa boat rescue crew.  We got to ask lots of questions and I got to make animal noises really loud using the microphone on the boat!

Switching Families:
Things aren't working out as planned with my current host family, that I was supposed to have for the whole year so at the end of the month I am switching host families to Camilla Gustafsson and Arne Andersson.  I am very excited!!! Camilla has been good friends with my mom since the 90's. I will have a little sister Johanne, 6 and a brother Patrik, 18 that will be living in the house.  Fredrik another son just moved out and I will get his room.  Camilla is sick of the old wallpaper and how the room looks so they are going to re-do it and I get to help pick out the new wallpaper!  I'm so excited to move.  I think this host family will be a better fit for me.  The only hard thing will be living 20 kilometers away from town. . . But I'm certain that everything will work out!

I love you and miss you all!
Carina :)

1 comment:

  1. Hej, Carina.
    Jag forsokte att lamna en meddelande men det gick inte! Hoppas allt ar bra!
    Kram, Linda

    ReplyDelete