Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I'm sorry that I'm so awful at updating my blog! So much stuff has been happening and I'll start at the beginning.  Monday August 2nd we went off on the boat to Vänern it took about 6 hours via boat to get there through all the channels, because most of the way we had to slow down to 4 knots.  We "parked" the boat at an island and we took a walk around the island to stretch our legs, we took walks everyday, but it was more like hiking.  We slept on the boat, cooked on the boat, went in the sauna on the island, and most of all just kicked back and took it easy for a couple days. On Wednesday we took a trip to Åmal, a city not far away from where we stayed and we walked around in the cute town. There we went to a museum showing a bunch of old stuff and creepy mannequins and we ate great pizza!  We went back home on Thursday.


Last weekend was Hamnfest in Arvika.  It's a two day music festival and carnival.  We went both days, I wasn't exactly a huge fan of the music, but it was a good experience to get a better grasp of the town. The acts the I saw were: Amanda Jensson, The Baseballs, a local band and Darin. I liked Amanda best and The Baseballs the worst. Check them out on YouTube and you can probably see why. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S_dV8c25-4


On Sunday I met one of my host brothers, Patrik and his girlfriend Emma, we (Ulf, Bente, Patrik, Emma) went to Vild Hjärta which is an artists house that she opens up as her own museum.  She sets out all her work for every one to see and has her 2 cats and 6 kittens running around.  Everything she makes is from the earth and hand-crafted. It was really cool to see her work.  She writes little stories to go along with each character she makes and the most of the are very funny.  On the drive to her house she put out a sign that translates to "Drive Carefully, There Are Cats in The Road. . . sometimes"  I'm so glad that I got to see everything and that it was a gorgeous day when we went.


I got to go into town and see all the stores and get adjusted.  I'm starting to feel really comfortable, I got a Swedish cell phone, got a library card, and some new clothes.


Tomorrow I'm going to go to one of my classmates house and she is going to show me a picture of everyone in our class.  And give me some tips about my school.


Thursday we are going to go to a play, A Midsummer Nights Dream!
Much Love, Carina

3 comments:

  1. yah I just listened to that youtube video and I don't really like The Baseballs either. I see what you were talking about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej, Carinabeana! Thanks for the awesome post. It is so fun to read about everything. Is Vild Hjärta open in the winter? I would love to go see it! I can´t wait to hear about the school and how the play is. Will it be på svenska? Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like so much fun for you! ah I get excited just reading about what you are doing with your time, while i sit here in my room in minnesota. snooozefest. but love you & miss you!

    ReplyDelete