Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sverige

The view from the porch off the second level. So gorgeous!
I finally arrived in Sweden at 12:30pm local time! Which would be 5:30am Minnesota time, I was so tired.  I was able to sleep the majority of the time on the plane to Oslo.  I was exhausted after the 6 hour layover in Philadelphia.  There was problems with the airplane that we were supposed to take so our flight got postponed 2 hours.  When I arrived I went through customs with no problems, and no questions even asked.  It's so much harder to go through customs in America. The only problem was that it took 45 min to wait for my bags to be unloaded.  Then I met with the Mörnesten Family.  We had to drive 3 hours from the airport to their house and I slept half the time.  Mostly we speak Swedish to each other, except when there are some words that I don't understand.  They told me my Swedish is a lot better than they expected.  Tomorrow morning we will be heading out to go on the boat which we will be on until Thursday or Friday.  Then next weekend there is Hamnfestival which to my understanding is a music festival.  I'm very excited to go on the boat. I love being on the water!  I am going to post the few pictures I just took on facebook and on Picasa as well!  I was surprised and happy to hear that my family is vegetarian.  I wish I would have known that sooner, so that I didn't have to get used to eating meat again!  I have unpacked all my things, and started to pack my travel bag for going on the boat.  Although it should seem as if I'm well rested, I am still very tired and am going to go to bed early tonight. I love all of you so much and miss you.
love, Carina

3 comments:

  1. Carina, I loved reading your blog just now and seeing the pictures!! It was so hard for me NOT to be able to imagine exactly where you were and what everything looked like. Your pictures and description help so much. Tack så mycket för att du tog tiden att skriva och ladda upp bilder även om jag vet att du är så trött. Hoppas att du har en trevlig resa på båten. Vi hörs! Kram, mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're vegetarian! Haha Im sorry you had to eat meat for all that time, but Im also glad you can go back to being vegetarian. Oh and it turns out we can hook our laptops up to the Droids for internet access, so thats how Im commenting right now. We've been four-wheeling many miles of Superior National Forest, and having fun, but I that fun hasn't stopped me from missing you. Hope you're having fun on the boat!
    Love, Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carina that picture is amazing it must be wonderful there in sweden!! Also, I saw the pictures your mom put up on facebook of that boat you were talking about, and it looks like so much fun i am so jealous of you!!!! miss you tons!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete